Sunday 15 February 2015

Zlatan: Fighting World Hunger with his Body

Zlatan Ibrahimovic opened the scoring in what would end up being a 2-2 draw with Caen. After a kung-fu kick at the ball into the back of the net, Ibrahimovic revelaed a series of new tattoos -- who joined the many, many, many other ones he has adorning his torso.

The booking he received for taking off his shirt, and subsequent ban from PSG's match with Monaco, were actually for a bigger purpose -- each tattoo represented the name of a hungry person being helped by the UN's World Food programme.





In the video, Ibrahimovic says “Wherever I go people recognize me, call my name, cheer for me. But there are names no one cares to remember. That no one cheers for: the 805 million people suffering from hunger in the world today. I have supporters all over the world. From now on I want this support to go to the people who really need it. So whenever you hear my name, you will think of their names. Whenever you see me, you will see them.”

Just think how many more names he could have got on there if it weren't for all the dodgy tattoos he's already sporting.

You can find out more on how to help the cause here: http://www.wfp.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment