Tuesday 5 May 2015

Manchester United target Nathaniel Clyne 'happy to stay at Southampton'

Clyne happy at St Mary's
Despite contract talks entering into an impasse, Manchester United target Nathaniel Clyne, could be set to remain at Southampton.

As he looks to the season ahead, Ronald Koeman noted ahead of Saints defeat to Sunderland that ‘in football, if you go in the last season of your contract, we don’t like that.’ With Clyne’s contract set to expire next summer, Koeman will be looking to get the matter settled sooner than later.

In an interview with the Southampton Daily Echo, Clyne suggested that he may not be looking for a move away from St. Mary’s.
Clyne told the paper that ‘I am enjoying my football for Southampton, playing week-in, week-out and it is an up-and-coming club, so, yeah, I am happy playing for Southampton and happy to stay at Southampton as well.’

‘My agent is negotiating, so I will just leave it with my agent and I am just going to concentrate on playing my football.’

It is unclear whether his suitor’s recent run of results (failed to score in 3 consecutive losses) or Luke Shaw’s difficulties has cooled Clyne’s interest in a move north. But it’s looking likely that Clyne is set to stay and help build on the success Southampton has seen under Koeman’s leadership.

No comments:

Post a Comment